Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9500 smartphone can now be officialy update with the XXUBMEA Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. Galaxy S4 users in select countries can now download and install this firmware as an Over-The-Air (OTA) update as well as via Samsung KIES. However, those residing outside Southeast Asia and those who missed the OTA update or unable to access the update over Samsung KIES can still download and install the firmware manually, using this guide.
In this firmware fix, there were several significant improvement and fix. One of the main improvement is the usable internal storage. As we know, Galaxy S4 comes with 16GB internal storage but only 9GB usable to users. Samsung heard complaints from S4 users and has given out additional 100MB+ free space back to users by moving apps to SD card. The additional space is minimal yet we see improvement.
XXUBMEA JB FIRMWARE DETAILS : ↓
- PDA: I9500XXUBMEA
- CSC: I9500OLBBMEA
- MODEM: I9500DXUBMEA
- Version: Android 4.2.2
- Built date: May 29, 2013
- Regions: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand.
XXUBMEA JB NEW FEATURES : ↓
- New Camera firmware.
- Smearing issue has been fixed (Purple effect while scrolling).
- HDR Video (Can record HDR video).
- Smart Pause Toggle.
- New Icons in Settings.
- Move Apps to SD Card.
- Increase legibility (Display) (New feature).
- Semi-transparent status bar.
- Secure boot status (About Phone).
INSTALL SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 FIRMWARE UPDATE MANUALLY : ↓
- Free Download Android 4.2.2 XXUBMEA Jelly Bean official update for Samsung Galaxy S4 to your PC.
- Extract the downloaded zip to get a .tar.md5 file with some other files.
- Free Download Odin3 v3.07. Extract the zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and few other files.
- Shut down the Galaxy S4 and sit up for about 5 to 6 seconds for vibration to verify complete power off.
- Place the device into download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons along until a construction android robot seems on the screen. Then press the volume Up button to enter into download Mode.
- Run Odin3.v3.07.exe as an Administrator.
- Connect the phone to the PC using USB cable while the device is in download Mode. wait for some time until Odin detects the device. once the device is connected with success, the ID: COM box will turn yellow with the COM port number. in addition, a message saying added will seem under Odin. If the added message doesn't show, then attempt the USB port located at the rear of the PC. If that too doesn't work, then re-install USB drivers.
- Choose the files extracted from I9500XXUBMEA folder to install on the phone.
>> Select the PDA checkbox, and click the .tar.md5 file. OR
>> Choose the CSC checkbox, and click the file named 'CSC' (ignore if there is no such file). OR
>> Click the PIT checkbox, and choose the '.pit' file (ignore if the file is missing).
- Note: Ignore the steps-b, c and d just in case such files aren't found.
- In Odin, verify that auto reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are chosen. As for Re-Partition, choose the option if solely a .pit file is being used.
- Finally, click the start button in Odin. The installation method ought begin now and would take a couple of minutes to complete
- Once the installation method is completed, a PASS message will seem in Odin indicating the successful installation. Then phone will then restart automatically. Once the home screen seems on the phone, unplug the USB cable from the device to disconnect it from the PC.
UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 via. OTA : ↓
- Ensure you have stable internet connection (Wifi or data network) on your devices.
- Power up your device, go to android apps drawer, select Settings.
- Under Settings menu, select About device under System.
- Select Software update under About device.
- Select Update (Check for updates).
- You should see an update available (365.67MB) , press OK to download and install. (Caution: Download with 3G will incur additional charges to your phone bill!)
- Your device will reboot automatically and complete installation.
- If you see “The latest updates have already been installed”, you have to wait for Samsung to release the OTA update.
- Check out manual updates which give you the fastest and latest firmware update.